The Parliamentary Crime and Public Integrity Policy Committee has resolved to inquire into and report on matters of public integrity in South Australia, with the following Terms of Reference:
- The functions, inter-relationships between and resources required to support the operations of the Auditor-General, Independent Commissioner Against Corruption, and the Ombudsman;
- The functions of the Crime and Public Integrity Policy Committee;
- Anti-corruption measures that seek to ensure office-holders and institutions remain incorruptible and independent, including the Parliament of South Australia;
- Options that may provide for increased efficiency or effectiveness of the above; and
- Any other relevant matter as the Committee sees fit.
The inquiry has the potential to result in comment, findings or recommendations relevant to the local government sector.
If members wish to provide comments to inform an LGA submission, please provide comment to Alicia Stewart (email@example.com) by 5:00pm on 5th April 2019.
Any person or council may also make a written submission directly to the Committee by 5:00pm on 12th April 2019. Written submissions directly to the Committee should be addressed to the Executive/Research Officer, Crime and Public Integrity Policy Committee, Parliament House, North Terrace, Adelaide 5000, or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The LGA would appreciate receiving a copy of any submission sent directly to the Committee.
Further information about the Committee is available on the Parliament of South Australia website here: https://www.parliament.sa.gov.au/
For more information please contact Alicia Stewart (email@example.com).