Excellence Awards will be presented at the Excellence Awards Dinner to be held in Adelaide on 31 May 2019 at the Adelaide Convention Centre.
The 2019 awards are related to achievements during 2018 and up to the closing date of applications i.e. the project must be completed and implemented, or the outcome presented to and supported by management during this period. Nominations should not be constrained by project size, as each project will be judged on its merits.
The closing date for lodgement of entries is Friday 12 April 2019.
The overall aim of the IPWEA (SA) Excellence Awards is to:
- Recognise public works practitioners who achieve innovation and best practice;
- Create awareness of the level of expertise, innovation, development and management of public works projects;
- Create awareness of the quality and diversity of public works projects in South Australia; and
- Recognise excellence demonstrated by IPWEA (SA) Members and individuals employed in the public works field.
There are many benefits of being an IPWEA Excellence Awards nominee. These include:
- Recognition of your leadership, your team and your organisation;
- Recognition of innovation in the design, implementation and delivery of your project;
- Recognition of excellence of your team and your organisation by the professional sector;
- Recognition and acknowledgement of the effort and personal achievement of your staff involved in the project; and
- Finalists will be publicly recognised.
There are 10 categories within the IPWEA (SA) Excellence Awards:
1. Excellence in Design and/or Construction of a Public Works Project - Civil
- Civil projects > $1 million and
- Civil projects < $1 million
2. Excellence in Design and/or Construction of a Public Works Project - Water
- Water projects > $1 million and
- Water projects < $1 million
3. Excellence in Asset Management Projects & Practice
4. Excellence in Road Safety Engineering
5. Excellence in Design and/or Construction of a Public Works Environmental Enhancement Project
6. Excellence in the Sustainable Solutions in Public Works
7. Emerging Leader/Individual Commitment to Local Excellence in Public Works Management
8. Professional of the Year/Public Works Leader
Please find below a copy of the nominations booklet:
IPWEA 2019 Awards Call for Nominations - Booklet(1206 kb)
For further information on the submission of nominations, contact Patricia Coonan on 0408 801 026 or email@example.com.