Advanced Procurement for Local Government
|Event Type||Training Course|
|Event Scope||Local Government|
|Dates||14/05/2019 to 14/05/2019|
All Staff who are involved in procurement, tendering and contract management activities in Local Government.
This course targets those interested or involved in more complex purchasing activities such as public tendering, expressions of interest (EOI) processes and joint purchasing arrangements. The course begins with a revision of the Local Government purchasing framework and legislation.
Participants undertaking this course will gain a better understanding of advanced purchasing processes including scoping, identifying demand, planning, preparing, advertising and publishing Requests for Tender (RFT) or EOIs.
Participants will also gain an in-depth understanding of various evaluation models and learn important elements of recommendation report development and preparation. Matters of probity and ethics, codes of conduct, the Independent Commissioner Against Corruption (ICAC) and other contemporary issues are also addressed.
- Advanced Purchasing (Greater than 150K)
- Strategic Purchasing –The advanced purchasing process
- Centralised, Decentralised and Hybrid Purchasing
- Advanced Purchasing Methods, Public tenders, Expressions of interest, Selective tendering
- Developing the RFT/EOI document
- Scoping and Specifying Requirements
- Market Research and Assessment
- Evaluation Methodology and Selection Criteria
- Risk management
- Administering the tender process