Contract Management in the Local Government Sector
|Event Type||Training Course|
|Event Scope||Local Government|
|Dates||12/11/2019 to 12/11/2019|
All Staff who are involved in contract management and procurement of goods and services for Local Government.
This course is designed to provide participants with an understanding of the key principles that need to be observed when managing contracts.
Training covers the various elements of a contract, how to go about identifying risks and how to develop a contract management plan. The course also provides an overview on relevant parts of Local Government Act 1999 (SA). Staff managing contracts will gain a better understanding of contract relationship and performance management.
The course also discusses matters of probity and ethics and Independent Commissioner Against Corruption (ICAC) recommendations. A contract manager’s responsibilities regarding proper record keeping are also addressed.
- Local Government Framework
- Probity, Ethics and ICAC Recommendations
- Introduction to Contracts and Contract Law
- Contract Terms and Conditions
- Planning to Manage the Contract
- Contract Risk Management
- Developing a Contract Management Plan
- Contract Performance Management
- Contract Relationship Management
- Contract Variations
- Contract Documentation and Records