On 1 July 2019 the Public Interest Disclosure Act commenced and replaced the Whistleblower Act 1993.
The LGA website and the following LGA resources for councils have been updated to replace reference to Whistleblower Act with Public Interest Disclosure Act:
- Model Complaints Policy
- Model Complaints Handling Procedure
- Guide to Preparing and Maintaining Council Policies
- Ombudsman Protocol
These resources have had references to Whistleblowers Act updated, but have otherwise not been reviewed or updated. Substantive review of these resources is scheduled for later in 2019.
The following LGA resources for councils are currently under substantive review and the next release will include updated references to the Public Interest Disclosure Act:
- Fraud and Corruption Model Policy
- ICAC information Paper #1 and #2
- Financial Sustainability Audit Committees Information Papers
- Financial Sustainability Financial Policies and Procedures Information Papers
For more information please contact Alicia Stewart (email@example.com).